Thank you for your interest in working with Centre for Policy Analysis.
Finance and Administration Officer
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Effect payments and receive cash.
- Maintain cashbooks and accounts records and ensure coding is accurate.
- Preparation of monthly payroll.
- Ensure that CEPA meets all URA and other statutory/legal requirements from time to time.
- Preparation and review of budgets.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports to be shared with programmes team, donors and board.
- Provide financial advice by studying operational issues; applying best financial principles and practices.
- Provide support for the development of appropriate financial systems and help all staff to understand and work with them.
- Coordinate finance and programme audits with administration and programmes team.
- Provide support to the office in all other financial matters.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate for the Finance Officer vacancy must have:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting and Finance, Bachelors degree of Commerce degree with a major in Accounting or Finance, Degree in Business Administration and any other related field.
- Three years’ experience in finance and administration.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, QuickBooks.
- Proven capacity to prioritize tasks, plan and organize individual efforts to meet objectives and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and experience in working with a partner-based approach.
- Ability to analyse interpret and present financial reports.
How to apply:
All suitably qualified and interested should send an application letter and curriculum vitae including telephone and email contacts of three referees including current/most recent employer and salary expectations.
The applications should be sent to:
The Executive Director
Centre for Policy Analysis
Please indicate the position in the subject line.
Please note that only emailed submissions to the above address will be accepted.