The Youth Legislative and Policy advocacy platform is an initiative of the Centre for Policy Analysis that aims to promote the active participation of young people and youth-led civil society organisations to contribute to informing and influencing public policy and decisions in local councils and in Parliament. It provides a mechanism of collaboration among different actors in the youth sector to coalesce and build the synergies necessary to gain a strong collective voice that demands accountability and a seat at the decision-making table.
The initiative builds on ongoing avenues such as the Annual Youth Parliament, Youth Manifesto processes, and ongoing mentorship and training of youth organisations in policy advocacy and influence.
- Annual Youth Parliament
- Publication of the Annual State of the Youth Report
- Support to Uganda Parliamentary Forum on Youth Affairs
- Convening the Annual Youth Business Forum
- Research and Policy Analysis to inform youth advocacy actions
- Publication of the Youth Policy Journal